Wandermuse

One artist's journey: Trying to live a creative life with grace, grit, gratitude...and a border collie.
(or perhaps I should say: greys, grit and gratitude)

18 January 2014

Ashes

All my world is built on ash
scrawled in charcoal, memories past
ashes of the loved ones lost
and ashes burning bridges cost

Years ago it wasn't there
all this ash that streaks my hair
over time, though, it's been earned
reminder of the passions burned

Through looking glass I try to see
all the flames that burned in me
and with that glass held under sun
ignite new fires, one by one

I remember all the names
of my old loves, my old flames
the conflagrations loving brought
become the ashes losing wrought

My whole life's been forged by fire
inspiration, dreams, desire
I draw pictures in the soot
that dusts the path I've undertook

Passion's heat, and flagrant dreams
devour everything it seems
ashes ashes all fall down
blur the edges, muffle sounds

Ashes dust the blackened trees
that mark the forest fires in me
burn my world down now and then 
to open heartscape once again

Still it comes with some surprise
when phoenix from the ashes rise
and fiery soul again set free
gives flight to creativity


No comments:

Post a Comment